The inaugural Las Vegas Barret-Jackson car auction event was a hit to say the least. Over 40,000 people came out just to view the cars while another 1,200 were there to buy.
And buy they did. Holy Cow!! Over $29 million dollars changed hands over the three day event at the Mandalay Bay Events center. Classic, custom and collector cars plus tons of memorabilia.
Seven cars were sold for various charities totaling over $655,000 at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas, including $150,000 for the 2008 Barrett-Jackson Limited Edition Shelby GT. This rare Mustang was signed by the host and judges of “American Idol” and all proceeds from the sale benefited The Lili Claire Foundation.
Additional charity vehicles included a 2006 custom Ford Mustang, that was modified on ESPN2’s “Car Wars With Funkmaster Flex”, that went for $300,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and a 2007 Dodge Charger raced by NASCAR star Kurt Busch for $85,000. In 2008, Barrett-Jackson has raised over $6.7 million for charities.
The top ten cars sold in Las Vegas include:
* 1949 MG TC – $313,500 (Lot #819)
* 2006 Ford Mustang GT – $300,000 (Lot #774.4)
* 2003 Saleen S7 – $260,700 (Lot #805.1)
* 1954 Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn – $225,500 (Lot #794)
* 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 – $214,500 (Lot #803.1)
* 1962 Lincoln Continental – $209,000 (Lot #812)
* 1938 Packard Victoria – $209,000 (Lot #801)
* 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 – $205,700 (Lot #816)
* 1970 Plymouth HEMI ‘Cuda – $187,000 (Lot #804.2)
* 1958 Chevrolet Corvette – $187,000 (Lot #788)
Look for details of next year’s events soon…
Affiliate Disclosure The Vegas Tourist is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and other affiliate websites