In about six weeks, the first “built from the ground up” resort in over a decade, will open on the Las Vegas Strip. The Resorts World Las Vegas plans to open its doors on June 24!
It’s Finally Happening
For a while, we were all betting this day would never happen. After over a decade of starts and stops. Ownership changes, lawsuits, and design changes, Resorts World Las Vegas will finally welcome its first guests on June 24, 2021.
It’s hard to believe that nothing has been built from scratch in over a decade on the Strip. But here it is. The newest, biggest, and badest new resort also sits on some very famous (or infamous) plot of land. This is where the legendary Stardust Casino and Resort stood for almost five decades. It opened in 1958 and closed in 2006. Then it was imploded 2007. To add even more to the storied location, the Stardust was the main basis for the 1995 Vegas Mob movie “Casino”
The property was owned by local casino company Boyd Gaming who demolished the resort for what was supposed to be the Echelon Place project. The initial foundation of the new mega-resort was built before the project was halted in 2008 due to the economy crashing. It sat as an empty ghost on the busy boulevard until 2013 when the Genting Group purchased the site and announced they would build Resorts World Las Vegas on the site.
The New Begining
Groundbreaking for the new resort was set for 2014 with the first phase opening in 2016. Yea, Nope. The economy had other ideas and now THIS project was now stalled. Instead, groundbreaking was in 2015 and construction began in 2017. Not a good start for the often stalled project.
With design changes, lawsuits, and other issues, construction was slow until 2019 when everything seemed to come to life and construction got serious!
So what are the numbers?
- 59 stories tall
- 3,506 rooms and suites in two towers
- Resorts World, Like other Vegas resorts, Resorts World will follow Asian superstitions and doesn’t have any floors or rooms with the number “4” in them
- Resorts World would be the most expensive resort property ever developed in Las Vegas
- The current cost of construction $4.3 Billion
Resorts World Las Vegas is all Hilton
Three separate Hilton Brands in one location
- 1,774 rooms for the full-service Las Vegas Hilton
- Hiltons luxury brand the Conrad las Vegas will be the largest Conrad in the world at 1,496 rooms
- Hilton’s LXR brand ( think of it as their newest and ultra-luxurious brand – LXR – ) luxury brand, the Crockford Las Vegas will take up 236 rooms
The Big Billboard
What has caught everyone’s attention is the screen on the west tower. The 100,000-square-foot LED screen (one of the largest LED building displays in the world). That is about 27 stories in size! It took almost 7 months to build
More Numbers to Chew On!
- Resorts World will include more than 40 restaurants and bars
- Resorts World Las Vegas will offer a 5.5-acre pool complex, making it the largest pool deck in Las Vegas
- Seven unique pool experiences including a 1,800-square-foot infinity pool with spectacular views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- One-third of the 87-acre property will remain open for future construction
- 75% of the property’s income will be from non-gaming sources (nightclubs, convention space. shopping. etc.. )
- Resorts World Las Vegas will include a 5,000 seat theater with one of the largest stages on the Las Vegas strip 196 wide operated by AEG
- Celine Deion will open the theatre in November
You will not find a more high-tech/next-generation enabled resort in las Vegas. This was built for the future, especially for the post covid world.
I keep saying this and I believe it to my core,
This place is going to revolutionize Las Vegas as we know it.
And it all comes to life on June 24, 2021!!
This Place will be amazing!