Las Vegas is the wedding capital of the world. Why? Because it’s easy and the only limitation is your budget and imagination. Maybe a few laws as well… But otherwise, it’s all Vegas Baby! So today’s podcast I get to talk with my good friend, fellow Las Vegas Territory member and wedding coordinator/planner/extraordinary professional, Joni Moss-Graham from lvweddingconnection.com She is my go-to person for anything Las Vegas Wedding Related!
Did you know Las Vegas does over 300 weddings a day?? And that doesn’t include commitment ceremonies and vow renewals. That’s just weddings!! From simple Justice of the Peace to a walk-up chapel to drive-thru weddings to taking a helicopter out to the Grand Canyon or Valley of Fire (she has a secret spot in Valley of Fire only accessible by helicopter!), Vegas is the place to do it.
We also talk about commitment ceremonies for people who don’t want or can’t do an actual wedding for various reasons. People are discovering the joys of Vow Renewals. Maybe your wedding wasn’t what you really wanted because of budget or family reasons. But now, after a few years, you want to recommit to that special someone and do it Your Way! Vow Renewals allow you to do that. Better, better, maybe fancier or with a different set of witnesses!! Joni shares some of those ideas with up.
Getting Married in Las Vegas
- To obtain your marriage license, both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and no nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half-blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
- The Clark County Marriage Bureau has its own marked entrance at the Regional Justice Center, 201 E Clark Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Map)
- The Clark County Marriage Bureau is open 8 am to Midnight 7 days a week
- The current fee for a marriage license is $77
- No blood test, no waiting!
- A marriage license allows a couple to marry in the state. It is not proof of marriage.
- In the State of Nevada, marriage records are public documents
- Whoever performs your marriage ceremony has, by law, ten (10) days to submit documentation to the Clark County Clerk’s Office for your marriage to be recorded. Once recorded, you can order a certified marriage certificate online from the Clark County website
- A marriage license is issued the same day a couple applies. There is no waiting period to get married after the marriage license has been issued.
- Marriage licenses are good for one year from the date of issue.
- Clark County Marriage Bureau Website
The Bonus Round!!
Why move to Las Vegas: Family was here
Favorite Places to Send Clients: Bellagio Fountains
Hidden Gem of Vegas: Nelson/El Dorado Canyon
Three Must Do’s for Vegas Tourists:
1) The Bellagio Fountains/Chocolate Fountain
2) Fremont Street Experience
3) The Welcome to Las Vegas Sign
Favorite Vegas Movie: Think Like a Man Too (Amazon)
Favorite Las Vegas Show(s)
1) Celine Dion
2) any “Cirq” show
3) LaRev at the Wynn
- LV Wedding Connection
- Clark County Marriage License Website
- Eldorado Canyon and Gold Mine Tour
- Cirque du Soleil Show Tickets
- Think like a Man Too (Amazon)
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Wedding
The Vegas Tourist Podcast Theme Music: Carl “Safe Sax” Ferris
Want More Information About Vegas Weddings?
** This week’s Guest Interview is Courtesy of **