Do The Deed in Las Vegas!
So you want to get married in Las Vegas? Congratulations and welcome to the wedding capital of America (if not the world!). On average, over 300 weddings are performed in Las Vegas every day. So we really are the place for lovers to say “I Do”!
- Marriage licenses are valid in all 50 States and worldwide
- No blood tests, no waiting. Marriage licenses are good for one year from the date of issue
Getting Married in Las Vegas
We know how to get it done and make it as stress-free as possible for you.
The Clark County Marriage License Bureau has created a convenient website process for you to utilize before picking up the marriage license. It’s Online!
For a seamless process, I seriously recommend that you fill out your marriage application online before coming to Las Vegas! This way, you won’t waste time at the courthouse waiting for an available computer they have in the lobby to fill out the application. Filling out the application beforehand can really make an already easy process even easier and faster!
Married before? If you are obtaining a marriage license following a divorce, annulment, or widowhood, you will need to have the date of the final decree, as well as the city and state where the decree was granted. If you are in the final stages of divorce, you will not be allowed to obtain a marriage license until the final decree is pronounced.
How To Do It Here
- To obtain your marriage license, both parties must appear in person before a Clerk at a Clark County Marriage Bureau location.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and no nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half-blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
- The Clark County Marriage Bureau has its own marked entrance at the Regional Justice Center, 201 E Clark Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Map)
- The Clark County Marriage Bureau is open 8 am to Midnight 7 days a week
- The current fee for a marriage license is $77 (cash or credit card only)
- No blood test, no waiting!
- A marriage license allows a couple to marry in the state. It is not proof of marriage.
- In the State of Nevada, marriage records are public documents
- Whoever performs your marriage ceremony has, by law, ten (10) days to submit documentation to the Clark County Clerk’s Office for your marriage to be recorded. Once recorded, you can order a certified marriage certificate online from the Clark County website
- A marriage license is issued the same day a couple applies. There is no waiting period to get married after the marriage license has been issued.
- Marriage licenses are good for one year from the date of issue.
- Clark County Marriage Bureau Website
Now Get Married!
You have the license in hand, time to make it official and get that thing filled out! Now you get to do it, you get to Get Married! Like we said, no waiting. You can get hitched immediately after getting the license.
In Las Vegas, you have so many choices. From a simple Justice of the Peace, right there at or near the courthouse. Or you can go all out and do a special helicopter wedding over the Las Vegas Strip or at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. And anything in between.
You may want to check with the resort you are staying at. They usually offer special rates, amenities, and honeymoon suites for wedding couples. The Bellagio has a complete set of suites that are not even advertised, specifically for newlyweds!
There are wedding chapels that will let you get married by Elvis, Elvira, an Ewok, Darth Vadar. Don’t have time for that? Some chapels have a drive-thru or walk-up wedding windows!! It’s Vegas, it’s how we roll!!
If it’s just a simple wedding you want, most chapels will allow walk-ins but you may have a wait. For the more elaborate weddings (guests and special music, etc..) you may need to make an appointment before.
In Vegas, weddings are a business. When we say “chapels” we are not talking about those big, fancy buildings from your town. These are very nicely appointed chapel suites that can hold from 20 to 200 people. They can be as fancy as any church in Italy or as simple as a few rows of chairs, an organ, and some flowers! Most chapels will be able to do several weddings at the same time. They can provide you the limo, pick you up, get you and your party to the chapel, get you in, dressed, married, photos, and out of there in a relaxed, yet short amount of time.
Best Person to Call for Help!
Need Help on planning and Having the Dream Wedding? Contact my friend Joni at LV Wedding Connection
Seriously, she knows how to do and she knows who can make it happen no matter what you want to do for your wedding. She is a real miracle worker!!