In this week’s podcast, we talk with Beth Carden from Black Canyon /Willow Beach Adventures plus other Vegas Tourist Tidbits.
Mark and Debbie take our oldest 2 grand-kids on a family-friendly outing to the base of Hoover Dam and under the Hoover Dam By-Pass bridge, also known as The Mike O’Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge.
This is where the adventure really begins. A leisurely 3-hour float ride down the Colorado River for some sightseeing, some communing with nature as well as excellent narration and fun delivered by our Awesome and Amazing tour guide and boat captain, Mr. Jeff!
But first, as always, we need to catch up on some of the Vegas Tourist Tidbits:
- The Luck Dragon Casino announces their grand opening will be December 3
- New E-Sports Arena coming to Downtown Las Vegas
- Laughlin celebrates 50 years of The Riverside Hotel and Casino
- Vegas facing another round of show closings.
Beth Carden – Black Canyon Adventures
I first met Beth when she was a Pink Jeep Tour Guide. Now as the Las Vegas Territory representative for Black Canyon/Willow Beach Adventures, we share some background and memories as well as talking about what I consider one of those “Hidden Gems” gems of Las Vegas: A gentle, leisurely and informative float ride down theColoradoo River from the base of Historic Hoover Dam and right under the Hoover Dam By-Pass Bridge.
Perfect for locals, friends, family and tourists alike. Get out in nature, unplug and be out where few people know even exists!
They offer two tours.
1) Post Card Tour – A 90-minute adventure that sticks close to the dam and the bridge but gives you a sense of beauty and wonder while relaxing on the river
2) Their signature Black Canyon Float Ride. A three-hour gentle float on a large raft that includes lunch with well informed, fun and entertaining tour guide/pilot
We opted for the three-hour adventure. Even got to see a few Maryann’s and Professor’s paddling by in their birthday suits for no extra charge!!
Beth Carden’s Tourist Tips
3 Things Every Vegas Tourist Should Do or See
- Go see Hoover Dam
- Go see the Grand Canyon
- Walk thru some of the larger Las Vegas Resorts
Hidden Gem: Hiking/Biking trails that surround Las Vegas
Favorite Vegas Movie: Cherry 2000
Want More Information on Black Canyon River Adventure?
** This week’s Guest Interview is Courtesy of **