Your Privacy Preferences:
Questions regarding the policy statement should be directed to the TheVegasTourist.com Web site administrator for clarification at webmaster@TheVegasTourist.com.
The editorial staff at TheVegasTourist.com believes that meeting your expectations of privacy during your visits to this Web site is of the highest priority and is critical to the continued success of this site and to the overall health and vitality of the Internet.
We can be reached at the following addresses:
The Vegas Tourist
7435 S Eastern Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89123
- A. Information Collected:
1. In general, you can view the TheVegasTourist.com site without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information about yourself.
Cookie Name: ANON-ID;
Function: The anonymous hashed id in the cookie links the web user’s browser to a profile which contains the behaviors the user has displayed
Expiration: 3 months
Google.com uses various domains to set cookies used in our advertising products, including the following domains and some country-specific versions of these domains (such as google.fr):
2. We collect anonymous information from your visits to TheVegasTourist.com by using the IP addresses from the Log files. We keep track of domain names but not the e-mail address, of anyone who visits our Web site. However, when you post a comment on any of the posts, we can view the e-mail address and name of the author of the comment. These e-mail addresses are not used for any purpose except to validate that the person making the comment is a real person.
4. We may collect demographic information from the answers that you post on the registration form for the periodic TheVegasTourist.com e-newsletter. In particular, we are interested what sources you used when you navigated to the TheVegasTourist.com Web site the first time and whether or not you are interested in obtaining discount coupons and/or other insider tips about Las Vegas and beyond. This information is gathered for the sole reason of improving the delivery of content to you and fellow users of this Web site.
5. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you elect to purchase a product or enter one of our contests or inquire about employment opportunities with TheVegasTourist.com
- B. Sharing of Information:
1. We share aggregate information with advertisers regarding the demographics of our visitors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
2. If you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information for the purpose of making a purchase or entering a contest, we will forward that specific information to the third parties for credit card/check processing and order fulfillment. While TheVegasTourist.com will seek to require that any such third parties will follow the appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use any part of this information except for the express purpose for which it was provided, TheVegasTourist.com does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
3. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. If you were to sign up for these special services, we will share the names and other contact information as is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
4. We may disclose personal identifiable information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served on TheVegasTourist.com.
5. In some circumstances, usually as a result of publishing an article on TheVegasTourist.com Web site, we are contacted by individuals seeking personal identifiable information about a subject of the published article. We will only disclose this information to these specific third parties if we have received explicit permission from the subject of the query granting the release of this information.
- C. Links and Forums:
2. We use e-mail links within the TheVegasTourist.com Web site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions and comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Your personal information is only shared with third parties with your explicit permission.
- D. Online Advertising:
1. TheVegasTourist.com uses certain third-party companies to deliver advertisements and other online communication. These companies may collect and use information about the customers who click or view these advertisements. The information they collect is aggregated so as to protect the privacy of our readers, but TheVegasTourist.com does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
- E. Cookies and other tracking technologies:
1. TheVegasTourist.com may use persistent “cookies” to store and track information on our Web site, enabling us to provide our visitors with customizable and personalized services. Such a service may include remembering preferences that you voluntarily set so we can supply the latest insider tips for visiting and working in Las Vegas and beyond. Cookies are small bits of data that we send to the browser on your computer from our Web server.
2. TheVegasTourist.com supports the efforts of the Platform for Privacy Preferences Project (P3P) and may incorporate some of the tracking protocol at a future date. But we feel strongly that you have the absolute authority to control any of your personal information that is gathered on this Web site. The Web site administrator will endeavor to stay current with the technological changes associated with privacy issues to ensure that your rights to privacy while visiting this Web site are protected.
3. One of the online advertisers is Google.com and Google.com as a third party vendor uses the DoubleClick DART cookie. A DART cookie is used to observe and track how a user views this site and other sites on the Internet. More information about the DART cookie system, including how to opt-out of this system can be viewed here. Additional information about how Google.com uses this information may be found here..
4. We use third-party advertising companies to serve you ads when you visit our Web sites. As described above, these companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visit to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- F. Security:
1. At present, TheVegasTourist.com does not support an internal commerce Web site, (for the purchase of Las Vegas-related books and products through the use of credit cards or electronic cash). All such purchases are conducted through third parties, and SSL encryption is used when you are prompted to enter sensitive information, (such as credit card number and/or social security number).
2. While secure encryption technology is used to protect sensitive information online, we also protect all user information that is stored offline. Only one person, the Web site administrator, has access to the distribution list and database that we use to send the e-newsletters. A third-party company stores the e-mail addresses of subscribers to the e-newsletter in a secure and encrypted database.
3. The TheVegasTourist.com Web server is located in a secure facility. No unauthorized person has access of any kind to any of the TheVegasTourist.com online files.
- G. Choice/Double Opt-In:
1. TheVegasTourist.com employs a “double opt-in” registration procedure for its e-mail newsletters. Upon submission of the registration form, a reader will receive a confirmation e-mail message containing a confirmation link. Clicking on the link confirms the registration, and the reader is “double opted-in.”
2. If you have registered to receive e-mail communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name and e-mail address removed from the distribution lists. Should you wish to remove your name and e-mail address, look at the bottom of the email memo that you received. There is an opt-out button and you can remove your contact information from this distribution list.
3. We also give you the option to remove your name and e-mail address upon receipt of every e-newsletter that we send to you.
- H. Use of TheVegasTourist.com by children:
1. While this Web site is not directed at children, it is our intention that the content produced and published on TheVegasTourist.com be useful, entertaining, and of reasonable acceptance for all ages of children and adults.
2. We are supportive and committed to comply with all applicable laws and requirements in this regard.
- I. Notification of Changes:
1. This privacy statement was last updated on May 20, 2019. A notice will be posted on the TheVegasTourist.com home page for thirty (30) days whenever this privacy statement is changed. Basically, what all this means is, “What happens here, stays here.”